(Bold changed font text shows where an objective has been ‘tracked through’ into the lesson itself).
Class: 8B Length of lesson : 70 minutes Ability: average or above Date: 23.3.98
AIM: To study the Battle of Bosworth, its development, outcome and significance.
Objectives: To enable the pupils:
- To recall the events leading to the battle of Bosworth by answering questions orally;
- To draw and annotate the phases of the battle on their individual lesson plans;
- To contribute to a discussion about the reasons for Henry’s victory and to understand the variety of causes that can lead to a particular outcome; (KSU 2b)
- To decide what they think was the crucial turning-point in the battle (KSU 2c);
- To consider the significance of the battle by discussing the hypothesis of a different outcome;(KSU2e)
- To write an account of the battle from the point of view of one of Richard’s surviving supporters.(KSU5)