(Bold changed font text shows where an objective has been ‘tracked through’ into the lesson itself).
DATE: 23 March 1998
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: History at KS2.
Aim: To discover the extent of the pupils’ understanding of chronology and to begin to establish a chronological framework for their study of history at KS3.(KSU1)
Objectives for the pupils: To enable the pupils:
- To give some indication of their knowledge of chronology gained at KS2 including some of the terminology used, e.g. decade, century, millennium.
- In groups, to arrange a set of five cards in correct chronological order and to complete the first section of their time-chart.
- In groups, to arrange another set of more detailed cards in the correct chronological order and to complete the second section of the time-chart and to develop further their knowledge of some of the terms to describe historical periods, e.g Georgian, Victorian. (KSU 1)
- To analyse ten pictures ( of objects/people/events) covering nearly 2000 years of time and to arrange them in chronological order; initially comparing two at a time.
- To complete their time-chart by including the numbers of the pictures in the correct place on the time-chart.